BLOCK-II: Sindh Engro Coal Mining Company
(JV: 51% GoS; 49% Engro+ affiliates)
Project: Open-pit Coal Mining of 3.8 MTPA up to 7.6 MTPA (Phase-I) and 2 x 330 MW Power Plant.
Project Cost (Mine): US$ 0.85 bn
Project Cost (Power): US$ 1.1 bn
– Coal Supply Agreement with Engro Power Thar Ltd. signed.
– Financial Close & Contract Stages Coal Tariff Approved by TCEB for 3.8Mtpa and 7.6 Mtpa mine respectively
– 50 bn Agreements for Local Financing signed
– Mining & Power EIA issued
– On June 10, 2018 SECMC unearthed the first layer of indigenous coal from its open-pit coal mine at a depth of 140 meters below the surface
– Resettlement Action Plan has been approved
– Working to develop the technical Feasibility Study (FS) for Mine expansion up to 13.3 Mt/a & beyond
– SECMC is contemplating to expand mine to 19Mtpa by 2022